Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1/27 Run

Still well enough to run. :)

Another unpleasant, slow run. I fully get that I'm coming back from being sick, and this is base building, but geeze...

I may have hosed myself for this training cycle by doing this base building. Apparently I didn't do enough reading, and this base building should take 8 to 12 weeks. I certainly don't have that long. Especially after having lost 2 weeks of training. I need to do some more research, but I'm thinking I may just switch back to something more similar to last training cycle. Maybe heart rate based.

I've been noticing some things and I thing my current aches and pains may be accidentally self inflicted. I relaced my shoes a few months back to deal with some pain from across the top of my food. (Darned exposed nerve assembly.) That may be the problem. The knobs (self diagnosed as being an accessory navicular (an extra bode in the foot) are rubbing as the shoes move, because the lacing isn't tight enough. This is also causing me to not get enough support from the shoe when my ankle collapses, which is stressing the inside of the knee. I've relaced the shoes, and this run seemed much less painful.

I started the run with a high HR for no apparent reason, and that meant the high end here was pretty slow.

5 miles
6.0 max (blip)
4.0 low
4.6(?) average

No comments: