Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/10 Long Run - Treadmill

Squeezed out of the house late, 9:30, to get started on this run. Snagged a decent treadmill with a monitor, and got started. The first 7 or 8 miles were pretty tough, but then I settled into a groove. Environmentally it was very annoying. They had the music really loud, and it couldn't be turned down. (I asked at mile 5.)

I did find that when doing a long run with no GU, (which I didn't seem to need for this run, I think it was a function of pace, and HR training) , that watching the FOOD network (Unwrapped, on sweets, and Iron Chef America). is a REALLY bad idea. The only thing that kept me from buy a huge bag of chocolate covered raisins on the way home was the fact that I had no money or debit card. :)

The run ended up being 12.3 because I fiddled around for .3 with shoes, and such, and then decided to just start from scratch so I didn't have to think about it.

first 5 second 5 last 2
max 6.6 (0.2) 5.6 4.8
min 5.6 4.8 4.6
avg 5.6 5.2 4.6
spent 2.5 @ 6.0

Once things settled in at mile 8, I could have kept going for longer.

Got a new kayak, a older rotomolded Current Designs Storm 9in red) this weekend. I'll have to take the former owner out for dinner, but that's it. She knew I kayaked, and hadn't used it in 5ish years. Now I have a hardshell to go with my baidarka.

No comments: