Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/13 Run - Treadmill

Had a root canal scheduled at 3, so I worked form home. Went to the gym at lunch time for 7 miles. Watched a couple of episodes of Top Chef NY, which I haven't seen before.

Wanted to ask the couple working their asses off if their poweraide was water, or carbs, I hate to see people working that hard then sabotaging themselves.

First 5 was 6.6 (0.4!!!), 5.0 min, and 5.6 average. Last 2 was 5.1 max, 5.0 min, 5.0 average.

Got home and the dentist could get me in early. After four and a half hours in the chair, I had a pair of root canals done. Having your legs elevated is good for you. Having your legs elevated above your heart for 4 hours isn't. My left knee is just destroyed, and apparently I have something going on in the arch of my right foot. I'm trashed today (Wednesday), stayed home sick and slept in, and may or may not workout and run tonight. I can't blame that on the root canal though. I think it's whatever has been beating Val down.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How do you like Top Chef? I love it on the elliptical, because I'm less tempted to go eat decadent foods after watching when I spent the whole show working out and being good :)