Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/9 Workout and Run - Treadmill

I had planned to go to the gym to work out on Thursday. I changed things up and gave myself an extra day of rest, and did the workout on Friday with the run, so I wasn't spending the entire week at the gym. Got to the gym at 9 and got started with the workout.

Warmed up with 15 minutes on the bike. Around 3 miles distance at 90 rpms (around 14mph). I had never heard of watts before (apparently it's a measure of power cyclists use), I was in the 80s. Maxed my heart rate at 100 or so. Not sure how any of those statistics rank relative to anything.

Did the same workout I did on Tuesday, but added some bridges for the glutes, and some push ups after the 'strength' training session. Push ups ended up being one full set of 20, then 8 good ones, and 12 on the knees for the second set.

Always interesting to people watch. There was a gal who was pretty obviously a runner doing a pretty intense core workout. She had a sheet from 24 hour fitness. I should have asked her who her trainer was, but didn't. If I see her again. I might.

5 mile run. 6.6 max (for 0.2), 5.2 low, 5.2 average. Not a bad run given all the other stuff before hand.

No comments: