Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Couch To 5K: 4-1

About 2.5 miles, those longer run times add some length. Toby was into it and I was feeling pretty good. Some tightness behind the knees, that I now am pretty sure is calf related. I stretched well before and during the warmup walk, and once or twice during the walking segments. Seems to have made a difference.

Added a little bit because I misjudged my turnaround and felt like it was taking forever to walk home... Thank goodness for the podcast though. Some great music in the second half to keep you motivated and moving. The front of the knee seems a bit tender after this run, nothing during the run thank goodness. Some Advil and ice and we'll see how we look tomorrow.

Switching to an essentially flat run seems to be helping my knees as well. I think that the hills were a little too early in my current level of fitness and weight. Having some trouble with keeping on track with my diet. Some is emotional eating (some family stuff), some is that it's not new and 'fun' anymore and now it's work, and some is that I feel like "Hey I'm busting my ass on this run, I deserve a brownie for fucks sake!". Tonight at least I went upstairs to the computer with a Sugar Free Popsicle instead...

No comments: