Saturday, January 19, 2008

Couch To 5K: 2-3

So, I procrastinated getting up. This meant that Toby and I ended up running in the rain instead of staying dry. :)

The rain started as I was taking Toby out before I ate something. I only waited 30 minutes before this run, instead of an hour and things seem to have been OK. I'm assuming that I need to eat before these morning runs, and that it's doing me some good vs. just getting up and running.

Was going to try the CouchTo5K podcast Lisa suggested, but I forgot to transfer it to my iPod. I'll try them starting next week. They sound pretty good. I wonder how he makes them. Hmmm...

Learned yesterday that work has an incentive program to encourage healthy living. You track you exercise and nutrition and you get points to 'spend' on incentives. Now I just have to decide if the extra time (I already track runs and walks on Breaking The Tape and nutrition/calories in an Excel spreadsheet) is worth it to exchange for overpriced 'rewards'. They have some clothing and accessories that might be worth it. It would be pretty cool to pay for some of my running with my running.

I'm impressed with all of you who do all of the cross-training and workouts other than running.
I'll get back into it eventually I suppose, but that sure looks like a lot of work. :)

2 comments:

*lisa* said...

I'd go for the incentive program - I kind of enjoy logging my workouts - even though it takes a bit of time, it's great to look back and see what I've done. Plus, rewards will be a great way to make sure you're keeping at it. Nothing gets me more excited for a workout than a new running shirt or playlist or something like that. (And bonus if I didn't have to pay for it!)

Greg On the Run said...

Yes - go for the incentive program. You're doing the exercise and tracking it already. "Overpriced"? Do you pay for it?

I had been running for over a year and was finally rained on - hard - last week. It rained again this week, too.