Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Couch To 5K: 1-1

First Run in probably 10 years!

A slightly modified version of the Couch To 5K run, thanks to my brain not quite working right. :)

A strange start to the evening and the run. I picked up Kaitlyn and fed her, and forgot to eat. :) I ended up eating just before 8. A little chicken breast and Angel Hair pasta. I waited an hour till 8:45 or 9 and took Toby for a 1 mile walk for a warm up. A beautiful night; a little overcast, fairly warm, no wind. Ground was damp from last nights snow and the drizzle that washed it away.

It started to drizzle again as I returned with Toby. Dropped him off, changed to a ball cap from my watch cap and headed back out. Started from in front of the house. Couch To 5K calls for 5 min warmup (see earlier walk :)), 60 secs run, then 90 secs walk. They say for 20 minutes total, I thought I read 10 iterations (which works out to 25 min). The 5 min cool down.

First 3 legs were a little rugged, but that maps to my previous run experiences. first 1/4 to 1/2 mile to warm up, then everything eases out. legs 4 to 7 weren't bad. Last 3 legs were work, but not body killing. It started getting colder and raining harder as the run progressed. Sweatshirt was soaked, and sweatpants were damp. I'm going to try my waterproof hiking jacket next rainy run. I'm going to start researching water resistant breathable jackets and pants, anyway. :)

Soooo glad to be back running. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow a bit, but I'm looking forward to Thursday.

No comments: