Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Couch To 5K: 3-1

Got to run in the sunlight today. :) Kaitlyn's been running a fever, so she can't go to daycare, so I worked from home to watch her. It's been in the low to mid 20s the last couple of nights, so I decided to sneak in a run when she went to Grandma's instead of working so I could do it in the sun. Glad I did. It was 38 when I went out, it was 30 when I would have gone out.

Used the CouchTo5K podcast for the first time. Very nice not having to obsess about the watch, and the tunes were a nice distraction. A needed distraction. Those 3 minute runs were a bit tougher than I thought they would be.

And now, just because I need to whine... I think I need to find a flatter route (current route) (roughly first and last quarter mile is walking warmup)(make sure gmap has Elevation on)
I swear I hit one of the major hills (uphill) each run leg. I suppose it's good for me. :)

Having some trouble being good with the diet the last couple of days. All the sudden it's work, and I've got very little will power... Very frustrating. I'm not doing anything complicated yet. Just using a food log to track calories (it also does carbs, protein, fat and calculates percentages, but I'm not paying attention to them yet. Feb 1, one step at a time...).

I'm estimating 2400 sedentary base calories for my 205 weight (I've seen from 2200 to as high as 3000, but I threw the 3000 out as an outlier), and cutting 500 from that puts me at 1900, which is a fair amount of food for now. Add some running, and come Feb 1 I hope to see some good progress on the weight. The junk food is killing me. It's easier at work because I only have what I bring. I've been home for the long weekend, and now a couple of days working from home. Picking a pear instead of chocolate is not working right now.

No comments: