Sunday, January 27, 2008

Couch To 5K: 3-3

Done with Week 3! It's cheesy, but this time when the podcast said "If you are finishing Week 3, congratulations!", it actually made me tear up a little. Despite frustrations with my knees, etc... I was able to finish this week on schedule, and not (I hope) injure myself. It feels really good.

It was a slow, squirrelly run. It was 34 when I went out at 0745 and we had moisture (rain/snow) yesterday. The new route (nice and flat) was runnable, but getting there and back on the warm up and cool down was interesting.

Left Toby behind today because I wanted to concentrate on my body. I'm still not sure about front inside of my knee, but the soreness doesn't seem much worse. I think I figured out behind the knees though... Looks like calf and/or hamstring tightness. I tried stretching a little before I left (which I hadn't been doing since I had read stretching after was the better thing to do), a little during the warm up, and once during the run. It seemed to solve the problem.

So, stretching before and after like I did 10 years ago, and more research (and possibly time or a professional) for the front of the knee.

Tuesday is week 4. Can't wait!

2 comments:

*lisa* said...

Congrats on finishing week 3 and good luck with week 4 - I feel like I should skip a week so we're on track together or something - j/k.

Greg On the Run said...

Good job on completing week 3. Continue to listen to your body. I'm no doctor but unless you have something really acute or if it gets worse when you walk, don't be afraid to take it easy and walk if you feel like you need to.

I continued to run with knee pain because it always dissapated when I warmed up. The one time it didn't start to dissapate after a few minutes, I woulnd up injured.