Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Couch To 5K: 2-1

A brisk run. :) Brisk as in chilly, not fast. :)
It snowed last night, and most of it had melted off, but right around the house we still had black ice on the roads and some sidewalks. By the time I got out there, it was somewhere around 32 to 34.

A slightly modified CouchTo5K to match my modification from last week. 90 sec run, 120 sec walk, it says for 20 min, I did 7 reps which maps to 24:30 for the plan, as close as I could sanely get to 25:00 from last week.

I finished in about the same spot as last weeks runs, which means I'm probably doing a better job keeping my pace down. I'll blame a lagging Toby, and icy conditions outbound and inbound from the house. :) Keeping the pace down to where I can talk is hard, especially when I'm this out of shape. It feels like I should just walk I'm running so slow sometimes.

I know I;m not supposed to be measuring distance, since as I recently read somewhere, it makes you start trying to compete with yourself instead of keeping the pace down and building your aerobic capacity. It's hard, it's nice to measure performance, and I want to see miles on my BTT, not some vague time. I'll just have to pay attention to my pace.

I think I may need a heart rate monitor though. I think I pushed a bit in some spots, and I think I had some heartbeat in my ears when I finished. Have to pay attention to that as well. I'm trying to run to get the blood pressure down. I don't need it permanently down. :)

No comments: