Saturday, May 30, 2009

5/30 Med Long Run and Workout

On the road right on schedule @ 0550, for a good run, in the low 60s.

12.11 miles in 2:06:44 (10:28/mile) @ 141 bpm

last week was
12.11 in 2:07:19 (10:30/mile) @ 140 bpm

This run was one more confirmation that I really don't run as well after a day off. At least for a morning run, anyway. i fetl kind of 'stumpy' all run. Never felt like I got into a good rhythm. Loved the pair of speedy miles down Bothell-Everett Highway.

I'm having a lot less trouble drinking all the water I'm hauling along now that it's getting warmer. I'm probably going to need to start adding nuun to my water again in the near future.

Used honey again for fuel, at 4, 7, and 10 as usual. Seemed to notice the pep a little sooner this run than last weeks. Maybe my body is getting used to it as a on the run fuel source? Pit stop at 8.5 as usual.

Think I'm finally getting a handle on switching shoes between runs. I can feel the difference between the pairs now too.

First time wearing sunglasses in a run. Not sure why I've been putting that on. Really relaxed my face, and was much more comfortable.

My Mom pointed out that most people under apply their sunscreen. I've been doing OK on my arms and legs, but my face is a little iffy. I decided to use the spry stuff on arms and legs as usual, and use cream on my face. Seems to have worked better.
-------------------------------------
Decided to save my legs for Sunday, and did 2 sets of core and 3 sets of upper body. No legs.

Initial Pushup Set: 34

2 sets as supersets
Front Planks - 80 seconds
Side Planks -50 seconds
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

2 sets of each superset. One superset cluster at at time. 1 minuteish rest between sets.
SC1: Stability Ball Chest Press - 10 reps @ 35#
SC2: Pushups - 15 reps

SB1: Dumbbell Rows - 10 Reps @ 27.5#
SB2: Free Motion Pulldowns - 12 Reps @ 27.5#

SS1: Overhead (Shoulder) Press - 10 reps @ 27.5#
SS2: Shoulder Abduction - 12 reps @ 8#

Standing Bicep Curls - Alternating Arms - 2 sets, 10 reps/arm @ 27.5#

No chinups and pullups.

Bodyweight Dips
10, 10, 6

No comments: