Sunday, May 17, 2009

5/17 Med Long Run

Sunday was a short 13 miler. I decided that to run all of the two loops that make up my theoretical race course, especially since I've been avoiding the hill at the bottom of Seattle Hill Road, and I really need to see if it was as unpleasant as I thought it might be.

Got out and on the road just before 6, in a comfortable low 50s morning. The first file miles were amazing. Garmy the wonder watch lost his mind a little bit, so I'm not sure how accurate the splits are after the fact, but they were an amazing way to start the run.

Splits 1 thought 5:
9:39 @ 137
9:30 @ 142
10:00 @ 141
9:41 @ 141
9:45 @ 141

Just after the mile 5 chirp of the Garmin is the start of the hill on Seattle hill road. And it ws unpleasant. Nothing like a HR of 150. Walking. (Target is 143 or lower. I'll be darned if I'm going to effing STOP to get my HR down. :)) Hill Mile was 11:35/mile @ 143 (really, how is that even possible), next and subsequent were around 10:30/mile @ 141

The rest of the run was very nice, albeit a little slower than the first 5 miles. The loops still seem like a good idea. When I have more mileage I'll add the trail loop to things and see what it all looks like.

Only bad thing about this run is that like Saturdays run Garmy lost his effing mind, and some of the routes and data are so off they make things suspect. The 1500 foot mountain that is apparently in the rout is a little disconcerting too. I've never noticed it. Hmmmm.

13.06 miles 2:14:29 (10:17/mile) @ 141 bpm

No comments: