Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/14 Run and Workout

Worked from home today, so I decided to join Val at the gym and get my workout and run out of the way early, before I had to work on getting my job description together for our prospective aquirers, and then do real work.

Worktout was pretty standard and is documented below. Only thing new was having to use 45# dumbells for the squats, since someone was using the 40#s and I didn't want to wait. The legs aren't the problem with that weight. It's the upper body. I can hardly haul the darn things around. :)

The run was pretty tough. As you can see, it certainly didn't keep up with the first two runs of the week, but I'll happily blame two 'hard' days of running, a boat load of air squats on Tuesday, a leg intesinve workout, and no breakfast. :) That being said. Except for tired legs and some mild complaints from the major msucle groups it was a good run. Managing to avoid the rain tends to do that for me. :)

7.02 miles in 1:15:17 (10:43/mile) @ 141 bpm

-------------------------------

C2 Rowing Machine - 500 meters on 10 in 1:55. (Tried it at 5. I think it's actually easier at 10.)

Initial Pushup Set: 31

2 sets as supersets
Front Planks - 60 seconds
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

2 sets of Side Planks
40, 40

PlyoBox Step Ups and Jump Ups
P1: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Front - 10 reps each leg
P2: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways - 10 reps each leg
P3: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways Twist - 10 reps each leg
J: 18" PlyoBox Jumps - 3 sets - 10 reps
J2: 12" PlyoBox Single Leg Jumps- 2 sets - 10 reps each leg
J3: 24" PlyoBox Jumps - 10 reps

P1, P2, P3, J1, P1, P2, P3, J1
No single leg jumps, and not 24" jumps since the box was in use.

2 sets of each superset. One superset cluster at at time. 1 minuteish rest between sets.
SC1: Stability Ball Chest Press - 10 reps @ 30#
SC2: Pushups - 15 reps

SB1: Dumbbell Rows - 10 Reps @ 22.5#
SB2: Free Motion Pulldowns - 12 Reps @ 22.5#

SS1: Overhead (Shoulder) Press - 10 reps @ 22.5#
SS2: Shoulder Abduction - 12 reps @ 8#

SL1: Dumbell Squats - 10 reps @ 45#
SL2: Stability Ball Leg Extension - 12 reps

No chinups and pullups.

Bodyweight Dips
5, 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My supervisor let me work from home once. Pure bliss.

I saw your question about the glute exercises. They're really hard to explain in writing, but they're the subject of my first video post! It's scheduled to be published while I'm away in Europe, so make sure you check it out.