Saturday, May 9, 2009

5/9 Med Long Run

Started running around 0545, a comfortable, slightly overcast 46. It was mostly clear and slightly colder (45) by the time I finished. Shorts, LS top, (sleeves up by 2 miles in) and gloves. These gloves have been the best addition to my arsenal for cool weather.

A very good run, but not as good as last week as far as overall 'joy'/runners high level.

GUs at 4, 7, and 10. Pitstop at 7.5.

Spent and inordinate amount of time during the run thinking about the "Mill Creek Ultras (& Marathon)(&Supported Training Runs)" that I'm currently intrigued by. Seems like a lot of work, and I don;t know if I have the time or energy to actually do it, but expect to hear me work through some of this. :)

12.1 miles in 2:11:54 (10:54/mile) @ 140 bpm

Fastest split was mile 4 (a nice even downhill as you come down Bothell-Everett Highway) @ 10:01 @ 141 bpm

Last weeks was 12.22(?) in 2:16:11 (11:08/mile) @ 140 bpm
Week before was 12.1 in 2:18:27 (11:26/mile) @ 140 bpm
Mmmmm... Speed increases. :)

Went back out after I got back, and got cleaned up, and picked up some flowers for Val for Mothers Day, and cake mix, frosting and decorations for our day in the kitchen with Kaitlyn. Borrowed an activity from Nammy. Worked out very well. :)

Then we were able to spend the day playing, working in the yard, getting some stuff moved around in the garage, and then having our friends from across the street over to have some fun decorating the cupcakes from earlier in the day.

Oh, some notes for any male readers I may have. A lesson learned over the last 11 years. :) None of these came up today. :)

Don't make your wife/SO put the flowers you bought her into vases herself. :)

Some useful tips from my wife (who worked for a florist in high school):
Recut the ends of tulips before you put them in the vase.
Wash tulips before you vase them. They are surprisingly dirty.
Take the pistils off of lilys. They stain pretty badly if you don't

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I had to put my last bouquet in a vase myself.