Friday, May 1, 2009

5/1 Walk

Friday was an off day, so I walked to Speedy Reedy again. This time I checked to make sure they'd be open.

I'm apparently out of practice walking. I'd forgotten how long it takes. :) I used to be an obnoxiously fast walker. No so much lately. I wasn't sauntering, but I sure wasn't breaking any land speed records. Where are my running shoes? :)

Only runners can have a 10 minute discussion about the various flavors and vendors of gels, blocks and beans that you wouldn't normally go near. :)

Apparently more people are travelling now that it's warmer. Lots of seaplane traffic coming off of the lake.

Watched a big (as in muscular) dude with bike support having a bad run. I hope it was the end of a long run or brick, because he really looked like he was having a bad day. Limping, multiple stops, etc. I almost asked, but decided that would probably make his day even worse. :) (Hey dude, how long you running for? You look like crap. )

1 comment:

Run For Life said...

Haha, I find it funny some of the conversations runners can get into.

I would want to punch someone if they said that to me, lol. Of course, I probably wouldn't have the energy to.