Thursday, April 30, 2009

4/30 Run

A wonderful day for a run. 60 and Sunny. Had to go back up to my office and snag the sunscreen hiding in the drawer. Realized my new shirt isn't really a singlet, it's just a sleeveless shirt.

Lots of runners again. You can really tell it's spring/summer. And in an odd dejavu moment I swear I've seen one gal who lapped me twice running on a route at home in Everett.

My right knee and calf bothered me a little this run. I think it's because I've been working really hard on getting the duck foot thing under control. My right knee felt a little wobbly about 4 miles in, but it mostly went away.

I'm glad today (day after run) is a rest day, but I'm looking out the window jonesing for a run already. I'll walk to Speedy Reedy at lunch instead and get some GU.

Looked at my stats for the week, and the runs around the lake averaged 11:30/mile. I'm really curious to see how they look in another two weeks once this 6 week cycle is completed. I'm really hoping for a nice change. :)

I'm very lightly trying to figure out how I should run the Beach To Chowder Half that I'm doing in June (two weeks before RNR Seattle). Should I run it like every other run is going to be run (by low HR), should I aim for a higher HR target, should I run it by feel?

If I run for another target, I'm not sure what to use. I'll ask Eric eventually, but here's my current research/thinking:

My current Lactate Threshold is around 76% of Max HR. All the books seem to treat LT as around 85%. This Runners world article calls out 80-85% of MHR as marathon race pace, and 85-88% for half marathon pace. Since you should really not run the marathon too far over LT I think that if adjust down (9 points) and ...

Seriously? Run the half at 79% percent? That's 148 bpm. I've run 18 miles at 153. OK, I'm obsessing. I'll let it go for now. :) Thanks for listening. :)


6.1 miles in 1:10:05 (11:29/mile) @ 141 bpm
1 - 10:44 @ 140
2 - 11:31 @ 140
3 - 11:43 @ 141
4 - 11:42 @ 142
5 - 11:52 @ 141
6 - 11:27 @ 142
0.1 - 10:56 @ 143

2 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog. :o)

Good luck with your upcomign race!

Run For Life said...

I completely left the HRM at home the other day because I was sick of holding back so I understand the questioning of that. Probably asking Eric would be best.