Saturday, April 25, 2009

4/25 Med Long Run

Out and on the run by 5:45. A little chilly at 45, but the sun was coming up and it wasn't raining. :)

Upgraded the run to 12 miles from the 9 I had been doing on Saturdays. Trying to get my weekly mileage up at 50 for a few weeks.

Tried something different when I was running through Mill Creek so I didn't have to run down Seattle Hill Road from 35th towards 128th. Decided to continue up on Village Green Drive (and eventually on the sidewalks/trails instead of the road) and then back out and up Seattle Hill Road. I even managed to make the right call about how far to run down 35th after I got there so I didn't need to to tack some stuff on at the end.

Actually saw a couple of other runners for a change. Must be summer. :) Slackers. :) And actually saw a couple of friendly cyclists, who actually waved at ME, first. :)

Just really happy starting the last few miles, and through finishing the run. Pandora came through for me at 9 miles with some great music and kept it up till the end, which sure didn't hurt.

GUs at 4, 6.5, and 9ish. Need to get more GU. I've got one Orange Blast and some Chocolate Mint's left, and I'd really like to save the Chocolate Mints for long runs. :)

I'm starting to feel the missed weeks of Strength and Conditioning workouts. My legs aren't quite as peppy by the end of a run, I can feel my thighs more, and I can feel my core again after everything is over and done with.

It cooled off in the last hour of the run and was in the high 30s by the time I got back. High fog, low rain clouds, just enough to make things damp, but no active rain. Had to roll my seleves back down, and gloves would have been welcome.

Still beating up my ankles pretty badly. next week I'll try the Balegas again for some runs. Will wait till than because new socks on tomorrows long run is a good way to introduce some 'unpleasantness'. :)

12.1 miles in 2:18:27 (11:27/mile) @ 140 bpm

This was a really nice run. Even Val commented on how much energy I had left after I finished up. I even harassed Kaitlyn and sang "zippity do da" while I fixed her breakfast :). From a purely running perspective not a spectacular run, but I certainly felt good and had fun.

I think that all these long runs are affecting my brain. My perspective is a little skewed at this point, I suspect. I used 'short' and '12 mile run' in the same sentence. :)

I had the though on this run that all these 'trails'/sidewalks in Mill Creek almost make me want to figure out how to RD a race to take advantage of them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great run. Those fair weather runners are slackers indeed.