Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4/28 Run

Got out just before noon. 52 per Weather.com. It ended up being really nice and comfortable till around mile 4 when the sun disappeared behind the clouds and the wind picked up. Wore the new short sleeve shirt that we picked up at the Nike Outlet. Comfortable, but the big swoosh in the middle of the chest distracts me occasionally.

Felt much slower than 11:22/mile it turned out to be, and my HR felt much harder to keep low, but without the benefit of extra speed. :)

6.12 miles in 1:09:29 (11:22/mile) @ 139 bpm
1 - 10:14 @ 140
2 - 11:42 @ 140
3 - 11:28 @ 140
4 - 12:05 @ 139
5 - 11:48 @ 139
6 - 10:56 @ 141
0.12 - 10:49 @ 141

Did a block long 'stride' 'off the clock' during my cool down because I wanted to stretch it out a little. Hopefully it won't completely invalidate today's slow running. :)

Walked to Speedy Reedy (a local triathlon store) yesterday at lunch to get some GU. Of course, they're closed on Mondays. :) I used to remember to call ahead when I didn't have a car. I'm out of practice. :) I was able to listen to an old Phedippidations on Base Training which was pretty dang good, so it wasn't a total loss. :)

Ever noticed that a walnut half looks an awful lot like a brain?

RnR Seattle got back to me, and they have a solution. They do an unadvertised 'emergencies only' race morning packet pickup. Thanks to all who offered a voice of reason that they would come through. :) Now I can move on and stress out about other logistical problems. Like getting in at 10pm on Friday, and a 7am Saturday race. :)

1 comment:

Run For Life said...

Glad to hear they'll let you pick up your race packet.