Friday, April 10, 2009

4/9 Med Long Run

Stayed at home Thursday with Kaitlyn still with a fever (that seems to have broken), and Val with a migraine, or something that resembled one anyway. I snuck out here and there to run some errands (Costco, Easter groceries). Val was finally feeling better in the late afternoon so I got out around 3:45 to go run long in the lovely low 50s weather.

Garmin captured all but the first 1/2 mile correctly, so I'm going to estimate speed for that bit and add it in. Total run ended up being:

13.89 miles in 2:40:19 (11:32/mile) @ 139 bpm avg

HR all over the place this run. It made it hard to hold a consistent pace, to be sure.

GUs at 4, 7, and 10. Almost done with the current case, going to need to stop and get some more. Stopped at Starbucks in Mill Creek Town Center, made a pitstop and refilled my bottles. I swear the the faucet had the lowest water pressure ever, :)

Val texted me about 9 miles in, just after Starbucks, and her headache was back, so I headed home instead going for the full 18. At least I made up for my missed Wednesday run. :) I'll have to move things around thanks to Easter. I may run long tonight instead of Sunday.

Interestingly this felt a lot more like a long run, than say, a 10. I'm feeling it more today, and while I'm not sore or anything, the signs are there. This will probably make running long feel a little more like I'm running on tired legs, which is the whole point to the 9/18 combo I normally do on the weekend.

No comments: