Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Race Complications

Well the plan for RnR Seattle may be in jeopardy.

My boss scheduled us for some fantastic training the entire week (Mon through Fri) before the marathon.
OK, no problem.

In Denver.
OK, complicated, but not a problem.

The fine folks putting on RnR Seattle require you to pick up your packet at the Expo. With photo ID. And explicitly state that you can't have someone pick up your packet for you. I just figured this out. Yes, it was in the rules. I've emailed someone, but apparently she's off helping to wrangle the Country Music Marathon and won't be back in the office till next week.

We'll see what she has to say, but I'm willing to bet they're going to stick to their official guns. Customer service be damned. Hey, they don't offer refunds and it was in the rules right? I'll try to calm down and see what they have to say.

We'll probably try to send Val to get the packet anyway (maybe we can find a sympathetic volunteer), but I really don't want to have to hope to be running for 10 effing weeks.

I'm typing because otherwise I'd be breaking things... We'll see what a nights sleep and a run tomorrow make this look like. :)

4 comments:

Nic said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much man, I'm sure once they get back to you they'll have some sort of solution. As much as I'm not a fan of Elite Racing, I can't imagine they wouldn't bend at all... hope all works out, I guess you'll know soon enough.

Da Doo Run Run said...

There is no way they can be that rigid....is there? I mean really. Come on. I hope they will make an exception for you.

Anonymous said...

Argh! Stupid boss! I would be ranting.

Run For Life said...

Talk about annoying! Perhaps send a "permission note" with Val, haha.