Thursday, April 2, 2009

4/2 Run and Workout

Calculated in workout calories and ate to them... which meant I had to work out... :)

Feeling tired and achy, left knee is grumbling for no running related reason which is a pretty sure indicator of cold or flu.

Second time I've noticed some warmth on my feet when running in the new shoes. Not sure if I'm moving around more in these shoes, or what's going on. Just something else to pay attention to. :)

When I'm sick and tired of the strength training, I realize how much of a difference it's made in my knee pains, and in my recovery after these long runs, and I feel a little more motivated. :)

did the strength training first, then the run on the treadmill. Only thing spectacular about the workout was 5 24" box jumps.

I'm not sure if it's scary for me or not, but I didn't warmup/get comfortable until 3 effing miles in. My HR actually dropped like 5 points at 3 miles. Guess that means I'm a distance runner. :)

6.04 miles in 1:09:40 (11:30/mile) @ 139 bpm average.

------------------------------
Changes/notes of interest now in bold.

Another 1 hour workout.

C2 Rowing Machine - 500 meters on 10 in 1:55

2 sets as supersets
Front Planks - 80 seconds
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

Did the pushup test after the first set because I forgot and paid for it. :)
Initial Pushup Set: 35


PlyoBox Step Ups and Jump Ups
P1: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Front - 10 reps each leg
P2: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways - 10 reps each leg
P3: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways Twist - 10 reps each leg
J: 18" PlyoBox Jumps - 3 sets - 10 reps
J2: 12" PlyoBox Single Leg Jumps- 2 sets - 10 reps each leg

J2, P1, P2, P3, J1, P1, P2, P3, J1
When I was putting away the tall PlyoBox I decided to try the next height up (24" I think). Tried it in the air and watched in the mirror, and when that looked good, gave it a shot. Made it up. Did 5 reps! I'm not really improving my vertical leap with these though. I'm just doing better getting my knees higher into my chest. :)

2 sets of each superset. One superset cluster at at time. 1 minuteish rest between sets.
SC1: Stability Ball Chest Press - 10 reps @ 30#
SC2: Pushups - 15 reps

SB1: Dumbbell Rows - 10 Reps @ 22.5#
SB2: Free Motion Pulldowns - 12 Reps @ 22.5#

SS1: Overhead (Shoulder) Press - 10 reps @ 22.5#
SS2: Shoulder Abduction - 12 reps @ 8#

SL1: Dumbell Squats - 10 reps @ 40#
SL2: Stability Ball Leg Extension - 12 reps

2 sets of Side Planks
60, 30, 30

for time and energy reasons I elected not to do my 'extras'

No comments: