Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5/27 Med Long Run

Wednesday's run was 12.25 miles in 2:08:45 (10:30/mile) @ 140 bpm. A full 30 seconds faster than last week's run. Not sure what id did differently, but I suppose it's just that I'm getting back into the swing of workouts

Legs were surprisingly perky. I had my doubts in the morning after getting off the bus, but once I got moving I had a pretty good run, obviously.

Started out with Jim, slower than I would normally. I think it may have helped later in the run. That whole don't go out too fast thing. Even if it's within an acceptable heart rate.

Used honey again as in run nutrition. Seems to be working pretty well. Watered down and shaken up the flavor isn't too intense, and it's a boatload cheaper than gels.

1 comment:

Tim Wilson said...

Great job with your long run!