Monday, June 1, 2009

5/31 Long Run

Sunday was a fantastic run. I 'm hoping the time wasn't a fluke, and not just too much sugar the night before. :)

Got out a little bit earlier than normal so we could get to the Zoo at a decent time, so on the run by 0525.

First mile was a bit slower than Saturday's run, but felt better. If figured it was going to end up being about the same pace as Saturday, which is nicely consistent with all my other weekend pairs.

I was wrong. but in a very happy way. :) I proceeded to get faster. And hold it, al the way until mile 15. Then I hit Bothell-Everett Highway. And what BEH giveth, it taketh away. Saturday I was happy about the downhill. Sunday I was sniveling about the uphill. :)

Some pace averages to demonstrate how good a run I was having. :)
mile 1: 10:10/mile
mile 5: 9:52/mile
mile 10: 9:58/mile
mile 11: 10:00/mile
mile 13: 10:01/mile
mile 15: 10:00/mile (pace for the mile 9:43 (a bit of help from a downhill, but still)
mile 16: 10:04/mile
mile 18: 10:12/mile (16, 17, 18 were 11:09, 11:40, 10:50. Dang BEH)

20 in 3:24:18 (10:12/mile) @ 141 bpm
last week:
20 in 3:30:35 (10:31/mile) @ 141 bpm

I had to make an ungodly number of pitstops. I suppose all the the breaks may have helped, but I'll take it anyway. :) Stops for both #1, #2 emergency and real, at 4, 8, 12 and 15.5. Good Grief!

Used honey and Fig Newtons this run. Worked well. don;t seem to get a 'boost' from the Fig Newtons, but they stay down. Almost tossed my cookies trying to eat them though. Literally and figuratively. I was holding one in my mouth to get out a water bottle and a chunk of crust (very dry mind you) broke off and got sucked in. :) Almost couched out the one I was holding, and the one I had eaten. :) Going to have to work on the dryness of the Fig Newtons if I want to keep using them.

1 comment:

audgepodge said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great job on your long run - good luck in the marathon this month!