Monday, June 8, 2009

6/7 Long Run

Got back from my Dad's pretty late. Trip to his place went well, and the visit was pleasant. Drive back was hairy though. Little Miss did her "I only sleep for an hour in the car thing" and then even the new portable DVD player didn't even keep her completely happy. I dang near dislocated my shoulder holding her hand from the front seat. (Val was driving)

Slept in and wasn't on the rad till just after 7. Hey this was a race day simulation. :) First 5 miles were sub 10. Not so much after that. It started being work at that point. Good temp for running again.

Alternated Hammer and Fig Newtons at the standard intervals. I think I may stick to the liquid nutrition. I don't have any problems with the solid food, but the Hammer/GU/honey seems to give me more of a zip.

Haven't been this sore/achy after a run in a while. Good thing next week is a down week. :) I think I've got this cold thing that people seem to be getting up here. Seems to be pretty low grade. Hopefully a run on Tuesday will kick it out.

Again with the intersecting of a pack of runners headed the other direction. This time it was a trio of female runners. Who, by the way, were much more polite than the guys seen on Saturday. :)

Got honked at, very insistently, by a guy in a red car. I couldn't tell through sunglasses and hist window tint, but it looked like he was giving me a thumbs up. Cool. I wonder if he thought I was someone else, or if he does that to all runners. :)

I made a pitstop in the PortaSan by the Elementary school, and skipped Starbucks, despite being a little low on water, was worried that if I stopped, getting started would be excessively painful.

20 miles in 3:28:34 (10:25/mile) @ 141 bpm.

Took a nice 2 hour nap in the afternoon when Kaitlyn went down. Didn't do much when I was awake either. :)

I do have to wonder if skipping the gym had an effect (negative) on the run. I feel much stronger after the workouts, even if they are work.

No comments: