Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6/20 Med Long Run

I'm a bit behind on entries and commenting. Catching up on one tonight, and the other tomorrow I hope.

Saturday was my last run at home before the marathon.

12.11 in 2:07:33 (10:30/mile) @ 142 bpm

This was a very reassuring run. I really felt like I had my legs back, and was within 0:10/mile of the pre Beach to Chowder weekly average.

I didn't take very good notes after the run, so I don't remember a lot about it, other than it felt good, and that I was glad the porta-san was at mile 8.5.

Forgot to mention that I had some new chafing during Beach to chowder. In the under arm area, never seen before. I also discovered my deodorant is alcohol based the hard way. :)

Also discovered over the course of a few runs that the 'classic' nylon running shorts I bought last year aren't a good choice for anything over about 3 miles. Going to stick with the compression shorts, thank you very much. :)

No comments: