Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Week After The Marathon

It's more than a little late and not really relevant at this point, but I wanted to get my mental progression of that week on 'paper'. :)

During and Post Race:
This was unpleasant, and I MIGHT do RNR Seattle in July. But I'm NEVER running Seattle again.
Monday:
Well that wasn't all that bad, and I'll will do RNR Seattle in July. But I'm NEVER running Seattle again.

Tuesday:
I'm feeling pretty good, and I'll do RNR Seattle, but I might do Yakima in April. But I'm NEVER running Seattle again.

Wednesday:
I'll go for a run tomorrow, and I'll do RNR Seattle, and I WILL do Yakima in April. But I'm NEVER running Seattle again.

Thursday:
A good run today, and I'm definitely running those two marathons. But I'm NEVER running Seattle again.

Friday:
Today someone told me that when you use the word 'fun' in reference to your marathon you are pretty much mentally recovered. I'm not there yet, but I'm going to have to run Seattle again, and prove something to the course. :) I used 'fun' sometime the next week. :)

1 comment:

Nic said...

Remember playing HORSE (the basketball game) as a kid? When you gave the last letter to your opponent you had to "prove" your shot by making it once more... That was the excuse I told everyone while preparing for my 2nd marathon... I told them I had to "prove it" ;-)

Up until late Oct. I was never running Seattle again either... now that I've done it 2 years in a row I'm thinking I may run it every year I run marathons... strange how that works out.

Your '09 plan looks good but I must say, if you're really looking to enjoy yourself check out one of the many local/small/fat-ass-style races... there's something great about running a race that only has 50 or so participants :-)