Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/13 Long Run

It started snowing lightly some time in the afternoon on Saturday, but didn't really start sticking to anything but the grass until very late.

Hung out and had dinner with our neighbors for the first time in a long time on Saturday. Kaitlyn was completely maxed out so she didn't even get a bath when we came home, she just went straight to bed.


Waited till Kaitlyn was down and went out and ran in the snowfall. It was amazing. It was one of the best runs ever. No stress over going out to run 8 or more miles, wonderful quiet with the snow, an amazing mix of new tunes, and the runners high at least twice in the run. Just absolutely amazing. I came home blissed out. After this run I really understand why people more religious than me can say that they talk to God on a good run.

Coming back across the trail I had left in the sidewalk and seeing the ghost of me running, just my tracks headed the other direction. It made me want to follow them and see where I'd been. :)

Run ended up being an even 9 miles in 1:23:52 (9:19/mile)

No comments: