Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12/29 Run - Treadmill

A much busier night at the gym on Monday night. The roads have cleared and people must be on vacation because I had to move to the second row of treadmills. Got to watch Rocky, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a guy with some scary looking blood pooling in his lower legs for 5 miles, while jamming out to the iPod.

I actually remembered to set the incline to 1% from the beginning this time. Never went over 154 on my heart rate. I'm feeling much better about the training as I get into the swing of things. I think that I just needed more time on my legs to get to a level closer to what I had been training at. I worked between 5 90 and 6.0 mph, with an average of 5.3. Much better than the last couple of workouts.

My left knee is still bothering me a little, but it gets better the more runs I do, so I suspect it's just a matter of strengthening the muscles around the joints again.

As I was leaving there was a gal on the end treadmill. I'm sure that to a woman having 'powerful' thighs isn't a compliment, but I certainly mean it that way when I describe her. I figured she would be a fast runner, and when I came out of the locker room she was hammering it out.

No comments: