Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/16 Run - Med. Long Run

A chilly run at lunch at 25 degrees. Honestly, it wasn't too bad once I got moving. Wore my compression shorts under my pants, two long sleeve technical shirts under my Brooks Jacket, light gloves and a new breathable Asics watch cap. The watch cap came off at mile 2 and then my temps was perfect.


Ran the lake plus an out and back. I know you can't bank runs, but I figured I need to start establishing Tuesday as my Med. Long Run day, and I doubt I'm going to be running on Wednesday with the pending snowfall.


More of the mix of new albums from Saturday helped the run.


Saw Bruce on the way back, while I was on the out part of my out and back. He said motivational things, I just grunted. :)

Run ended up being 8.13 miles in 1:09:38 (8:33/mile)

Congrats to Laura at Absolut(ly) Fit for another marathon down (and what I hope is a time she's happy with (4:48:39)). OK, creepy, I know, but I wanted to see how she did, so I worked my way through the results until I found a Laura from New York... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just glanced over your race report. Good job! The last few hills killed me too, no matter how small they actually were. How much time did you take off before running again? I'm getting all kinds of antsy.

Laura said...

Just got to catching up and reading this... as I said on my blog, totally not creepy and I do it all the time! :)