Friday, February 5, 2010

1/30 Medium Long Run

Saturday's run was a nice early one. A busy day ahead, and no way to move it around. Up at 5, and a slow start finally got me out the door at 6. Apparently Kaitlyn was up at 6:30 like last week, so I lucked out. :)

Low 40s, so jacket and gloves so I had no excuses. Gloves came off quickly as usual, but the jacket stayed on the entire run. I think I'm just finally getting used to wearing it.

A bizarre amount of other runners out, almost all of them in the first 1.5 miles as I headed down 35th into Mill Creek. 2 pairs, and 2 singles in 5 minutes or less. Maybe a running club/group? Hmmm...

The run itself was nothing spectacular. I zoned out through most of it. Pandora was treating me well and dishing out some good music, and I wasn't thinking about anything much at all.

My mom showed up for her visit a bit after I got back, and then we headed to Little Gym. Then a lunch, a short nap for K and then off to our neighbors birthday party at Jump Planet. Jump Planet has a big warehouse spaceful of the inflatable bouncy houses. And the adults get to play too! I think I played as hard as K did. Maybe harder. :) Lots of fun!

11.24 miles in 1:49:28 (9:44/mile) @ 153 bpm

No comments: