Friday, February 5, 2010

1/31 Medium Long Run

Another birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, which I haven't been to in decades, on Sunday. No energy to run during Kaitlyn's nap, I wanted to hang out with Val instead. This meant a late night run. The "plan" called for ~20. Not happening at 9pm on a Sunday night, so I just went out for the same loop I did on Saturday.

Not entirely unexpectedly, this run was slightly faster, and at a lower heart rate than Saturday's run. I haven't looked back at the log to confirm it, but I'm pretty dang sure this happens a LOT during my double weekends. It makes me start considering doing a run the day before races. Which I'll get a chance to try Super Bowl Sunday, since the plan is to do 6 on Saturday, and then the West Seattle Fat Ass 50K on Sunday.

Only thing that was bad about this run was the feel of my gorge most of the run, Apparently 2 1/2 hours isn't enough time for pizza to clear the system. :)

This run finishes out January, and this January is the highest mileage of the last 3 years. 148.22 miles for the month. 100.71 miles last January. A nice improvement. :)

11.31 miles in 1:48:13 (9:34/miles) @ 149 bpm

No comments: