Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/7 - West Seattle Fat Ass 50K Mini Race Report

Meant to do this the day of but it didn't happen. Long race report for Pigtails Run and this race to appear soon. :)

No rain for a change. :) We had our doubts at the start, but it dried out nicely.

A double out and back around Alki Beach with amazing views of Seattle and fun, expensive West Seattle neighborhoods.

Pretty sure someone hired invisible gnomes to run beside me and beat my legs with sticks. Feeling beat a bit beat up.

A great run with friends made on the run that made it very enjoyable. Thanks Mike and Ken! Bruce hung around till the end to see me come in (he placed 2nd overall).

Got to chat with Betsy and Matt at the finish and watch some other people come in before I drove home.

Gotta love a fantastic free race.

5:13:34 for the 50K (10:04/mile) @ 151 bpm

Immune System FAIL! afterwards though... :( The cold I thought had gone away caught up with me a few hours after the race. I popped a 100.5 fever for a few hours. It went away quickly, but then my sinuses stopped up and stayed that way for a long time, I haven't completely kicked it now, almost 2 weeks later.

No comments: