Friday, February 5, 2010

2/2 Run

Tuesday was an evening run. Work has been insane as we work on migrating to our new network, and then Val had a treat and dropped by for lunch (with 3 Pigs BBQ!) and Frost doughnuts for the team. I was even controlled and didn't have too many extra. :)

It was a chilly 50degrees, for a hilly run that I don't do normally, cutting through the back roads off 116th, back to Seattle Hill road, back to the start (~4.8 miles), and then back through a hilly residential area for another mile or so.

My calves were still jangly, either form last week in the Mizunos, or from spending the weekend in old shoes, and didn't finally warm up till like 4.5 miles in.

Oddly, I had a lot of times in this run where running FASTER lowered my HR, probably related to the calves and my form at lower speeds I suspect. I don't think I'll actually see this in the HR/Pace data, but I swear it happened. :)

6.33 miles in 58:44 (9:17/mile) @ 153 bpm

No comments: