Monday, March 2, 2009

Challenges

I pulled the trigger on Marathon #2, Rock and Roll Seattle last week. (They finally got the course map up. Going to be an interesting run.) Now that the money's down, I'm committed. :) I'm feeling pretty good about this training cycle, especially with all the base building I've been doing. (And will continue to do till after St. Patrick's Day Dash with Val.) I think I can get my mileage up where I'd like it for the marathon (say around 55 mpw) and start getting some good quality speed sessions in to start getting faster.

I did commit to the 100 Day Fitness Challenge over at Butterflies and Running Shoes.

Here's what I've signed myself up for. :)
Goals:
+ Lose 10 lbs.
+ Be able to pass pushup component of Army PFT again. (42 pushups in 2 minutes)
+ Be able to pass situp component of Army PFT again. (52 situps in 2 minutes)
+ Be able to do at least 1 deadhang pullup
+ Get sodium consumption down into normal range (< 2400mg)
+ Increase Protein percentage to 25% of daily consumption consistently
+ Have completed 2-3 50 mile weeks

3 comments:

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

good luck on your goals! and good luck at the race- i may stop by to support my fellow bloggers!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

*lisa* said...

I actually lied a little about the gel. I'm going to start with shot bloks because I think the consistency of gels is creepy. Also most of the flavors sound pretty unappetizing. The only flavors I can stomach during exercise are sour fruity ones, so I've got some Cran-Razz bloks. I'm looking forward to the Margarita ones this summer since they have more sodium and I seem to leak sodium like crazy when I sweat. Also I got a great deal and got 24 servings of shot bloks for 13 dollars (hopefully I like them).

Anonymous said...

I still haven't pulled the trigger on Big D.

Looks like you've gotten yourself into several challenges with a marathon and other fitness.