Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3/11 Run

Apparently the tiredness in my calves was just residual from the long run on Sunday. No problems today, even with the workout last night.

Ran the same 5ish mile out and back to SPU that I did yesterday. Saw skinny Brooks jacket gal on the way back. Probably because I got out later. :) Lots of dogs out for walks today. Probably because it was warm enough for their people. :) 37 ish, or higher, comfortable enough for shorts, LS top, and gloves.

Amazing what feeling fresher and 5 points of HR will do for you: 5.29 miles in 50:14 (9:30/mile) @ 149 bpm avg. And even cooler, I had a 9:00 mile in there, too. :)

I need to bump my HR max on the Garmin down, since, as previously discussed, my Resting Heart Rate is down 5 points from my initial estimate. I'm loath to do it because I won't get that extra 2 points worth of speed ( :) ) and because I suspect my RHR is even lower. I checked it twice on one of those pharmacy blood pressure machines recently when shopping and got around a 46. I need to wear the Garmin to bed one night and see what we really get.

No workout tonight, thank goodness. Instead we get to go out to Azteca and meet/reconnect with a friend of Val's that she has known since was 2. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

tfh said...

Nice, 46 HR when you're not really resting! Yes, you definitely need to do the old check-it-in-the-morning thing, even if you don't program the number into your Garmin, just for the sheer impressiveness factor.

Anonymous said...

When it's 37* in Texas you don't see a soul outside :)

To answer your question about the personal trainer certification: I definitely learned a lot and will use this information even if I (God forbid) never end up working in the fitness field.