Saturday, March 7, 2009

3/7 Run and Workout

Saturday I got out the door and up to 24 Hour Fitness at 7. We had originally planned to have me run, then meet at the gym for workouts, but Val decided she wasn't up for it.

They had been predicting snow/rain, so I was pretty happy when I got up and it was 38, feels like 34 or something like that. It wasn't bad when I got started, but it was brutally windy for 2.5 miles from miles 2.5 to 5, down 35th, and up 100th. Psychologically, the worst was fighting my way up hill, while fighting the wind. Did see a couple of other runners, and everyone was friendly today. :) Got to explore a couple of new streets as I was adding mileage on. I loves the Gamin. :) Finished 7.26 in 1:11:19 (9:49/mile)@ 150 bpm average.

Grabbed my bag from the car, went inside the gym, changed clothes and did my workout.
PRetty sure I did 36 pushups to start with. Did 3 sets of everything, as listed. Forgot the side planks, but I did did weight assisted pullups 5@54, 5@60, 5@66 and bodyweight dips. Managed to get 5 dips, then 2, then 1/2, then 1/2

Got back in time to eat and shower before a high school friend of Val's (reconnected recently on Facebook) came over.

No comments: