Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3/17 Birthday Run and Workout

Another lunch run around Lake Union clockwise.

Started out great. Was really thinking this was an indicator of additional improvements in this second 6 week base training period. Not so much. :) Overall time slower than I expected, but still a really good run.

In the low 40s and if I had believed Weather.com I wouldn't have gone out at all. It was just wonderful out. I took my gloves and had to carry them by mile 2. Right knee didn't even wake up and grumble till after mile 4, and was just hanging out after that.

I probably should have dialed it back the first mile. It's a cool split, but I fought with the top end of the hr range the entire mile, and I think it affected the rest of the run. This is the last week of base building for me. Two full 6 week cycles, so I should have seen some benefit. :) I'll take my morning HR sometime this week and see where my resting HR stands.

I'm really glad that this is the last week of the base training. I really need to start getting some faster runs in. We'll see what I end up running this week. The plan is to bump the weekly mileage again, but we'll see how the knee cooperates before I commit to anything. :) Shooting for 46 this week (and next week).

I blame the 10+ miles on hills. Yeah, that's it, hills... Actually the hills are during those miles, so... :)

6.35 in 1:01:57 (9:45/mile) @ 150 bpm

Split Paces:
1 - 8:53
2 - 9:41
3 - 9:43
4 - 10:19
5 - 10:23
6 - 9:32
.35 - 9:37

---------------------------------
Val got me Chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries (and an Apple that I haven't tried yet, and took me to dinner at Azteca. Mmmmmm.

---------------------------------
Couldn't get the timing right for last weekend, so I took an extra couple days off of strength training.

Val helped me do some testing before I left for the gym
Initial SitUp Set: 54 (finally did this test. The popping from my Right hip flexor was a little disconcerting. Apparently I need to bump my goals up for the 100 Day Challenge)

2 sets
60 second Front Planks

Initial Pushup Set: 41 (Again, I'm going to need to bump 100 Day Challenge Goals)

3 sets
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

PlyoBox Step Ups and Jump Ups
P1: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Front - 10 reps each leg
P2: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways - 10 reps each leg
P3: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways Twist - 10 reps each leg
J: 18" PlyoBox Jumps - 3 sets - 10 reps

Did P1, P2, P3, J, 1 min break, P1, P2, P3, J, 1 min break, P1, P2, P3.

2 sets
12" PlyoBox Single Legged Jumps - Front - 10 reps each leg

3 sets of each superset. One superset cluster at at time. 1 minute rest between sets.
SC1: Stability Ball Chest Press - 10 reps @ 27.5#
SC2: Pushups - 12 reps ( having to go to knees for part of sets 2 and 3)

SB1: Dumbbell Rows - 10 Reps @ 20#
SB2: Free Motion Pulldowns - 12 Reps @ 20#

SS1: Overhead (Shoulder) Press - 10 reps @ 20# (up from last week)
SS2: Shoulder Abduction - 12 reps @ 5#

SL1: Dumbell Squats - 10 reps @ 35#
SL2: Stability Ball Leg Extension - 12 reps (hold for 2 top and bottom)(still surprisingly hard by the third set)

2 sets
40 second Side Planks (up 10 secs from last week)

Pullups (Weight Assisted)
7@54, 5@54, 3@54 (changing my strategy here. Going to try to get 3 x 10, then change weight assist)

Bodyweight Dips
10, 5, 2 (same here, changing my strategy here. Going to try to get 3 x 10, then either add sets or reps. Haven't decided)

No comments: