Saturday, March 28, 2009

3/28 Med Long Run and Workout

The new shoes are really doing the right thing. GOMOTK appears to have moved back to Florida, or where ever it is he resides when he's not harassing me. :) I may have a mild case of IT Band, but that could just be my body re adjusting.

It was starting to drizzle when I took Toby out, was raining by the time I got int eh car to drive and park at the gym, and it was pouring by the time I got to the gym. I had originally planned on shorts, LS top and jacket. Dug my pants out of my bag in the gym parking lot and put them on. Glad I did. Cold and damp, this run...

Out through Mill Creek again. Slowly. :( Used the hydration belt since the handheld makes it even harder than normal to get proper arm motion that Eric recommends. (May need to consider a single bottle belt). Took two GUs at 4 and 7.

I've been pushing my sleeves up for temperature control and to keep them off the Garmin. I'm thinking about trying the 'arm warmers' we got from St. Pats Dash.

Not a particularly eventful run until I got back to Silver Lake. As I'm passing by Emorys, there's a mated pair of ducks on the path. I sidled as far to the left to give them space, and the female just moved right and settled down. The male, hopped up and over a fence to a water retention pond. I could just 'hear' the: "Honey, you're so high strung. He was just running by. Why'd you have to get all agitated?" :)

Shortly thereafter, I was reminded why running in the 'real world' is fun. Just after seeing the duck couple, I started watching the lake. Suddenly a flock of about 10 ducks is flying over the lake. Low and fast, some wingtips toughing the water, no quacking. Just flying. As they progress more ducks join the fun, zipping out of hiding spots on the shore until 20 of them are screaming along the surface of the lake as a group. Just really neat to watch.

Dropped by fuel belt off in the car, grabbed my bag and went to the gym. Texted Val a Happy Anniversary, then got started. :) Should have brought spare shoes; both for dry, but also so I'm not working out in them.

Had to run home and grab my debit card so I could go back out and get flowers. Got all my other ID, but not the effing debit card. Ah, well.

9.32 miles in 1:43:10 (11:03/mile) @ 137 bpm avg. Much better pace!

------------------------------
Changes/notes of interest now in bold.

Thursdays workout took me over an hour and a half. Way too long. So I dialed this back down to 2 sets of everything, plus warmup and dips, pullups and finished in almost exactly an hour. Better.

C2 Rowing Machine - 500 meters on 5 in 2:08. Tired legs.

Initial Pushup Set: 33
Situp Test: didn't do it.

2 sets as supersets
Front Planks - 60 seconds
C1: Stability Ball Crunches (5 second hold) - 10 reps
C2: Stability Ball Forward Rolls (5 second hold) - 10 reps

Did the first plank at 80 seconds. Wasn't happening for #2

PlyoBox Step Ups and Jump Ups
P1: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Front - 10 reps each leg
P2: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways - 10 reps each leg
P3: 18" PlyoBox Step and Hold - Sideways Twist - 10 reps each leg
J: 18" PlyoBox Jumps - 3 sets - 10 reps
J2: 12" PlyoBox Single Leg Jumps- 2 sets - 10 reps each leg

J2, P1, P2, P3, J1, P1, P2, P3, J1

2 sets of each superset. One superset cluster at at time. 1 minuteish rest between sets.
SC1: Stability Ball Chest Press - 10 reps @ 27.5#
SC2: Pushups - 12 reps ( having to go to knees for part of set 3)

SB1: Dumbbell Rows - 10 Reps @ 22.5#
SB2: Free Motion Pulldowns - 12 Reps @ 22.5#

SS1: Overhead (Shoulder) Press - 10 reps @ 22.5#
SS2: Shoulder Abduction - 12 reps @ 5#

SL1: Dumbell Squats - 10 reps @ 40#
SL2: Stability Ball Leg Extension - 12 reps (hold for 2 top and bottom)

2 sets of Side Planks
60 sec, 40 sec

2 chipups - really don't like the grip I have to use on the machine, may need to just install a bar at home and do these there

Pullups (Weight Assisted)
5@54, 5@54, 5@54

Bodyweight Dips
10, 8, 5

No comments: