Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/18 Med. Long Run

Trying to ramp up the mileage again this week, so this was a longer than normal lunch run. A comfortable 49 degrees, but a bit windy. Counterclockwise around the lake for some variety. :)

Decided as I was crossing the bridge on Eastlake that I didn't want to do a loop, then an out and back at the end to add the mileage, so I cut back onto Burke-Gilman after the bridge and headed towards UW. I only went about 3/4 of a mile out and back though. I didn't realize the B-G was so interpenetrated by roads. It really broke up my rhythm, so I just headed back.

Got passed by Jake just after I turned around. That boy is fast!

Did the last little bit I need as another out and back at the end. I'm really trying to be diligent about cutting off my runs closer to the target mileage this week since I've been adding over a mile a week in 'extra' the last few weeks.

8.05 miles in 1:18:47 (9:47/mile) @ 149 bpm avg. Fastest run counterclockwise by pace, even with the extra mileage! Yay! Some minor knee grumbling, but nothing too horrible. Do feel it a bit more on the downhills.

Apparently 6-7 miles is my "run at lunch without noticing" limit right now. I felt some mile tiredness after this run when I got up to walk to the bus to go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I've always wondered how people get away with running at lunch. Medium long runs are my favorite.