Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tacoma City 10K Run Race Results

First 10K!!!

I had a really good race, so I'm just going to cut to the good part, and then I'll bore you with the play by play of the race in another post.

So I finished in 54:58. Which works out to a 8:51/mile pace or so. If I read the results sheet they posted that time was good enough for 45th overall (out of about 500 (or so I heard)) and 5th in my age group!!! I got a ribbon!!

Although now that I figured out how to get my results online, I'm now 6th in my age group. There's some guy who has a finish time, but not a chip time, who I'm going to guess bumped me. And apparently that means 46th male (of 100), and 78th runner to finish (out of about 367 total). Fuck. (This is really kind of stealing my mojo a little bit... I'm probably tired.) Maybe I shouldn't check these things online...

So back to the good part: I finished in 54:58. Which works out to a 8:51/mile pace or so. Which makes this my longest and my fastest run ever, both, on the same day, with the most hills I've ever fething seen. :)

Formal results here: Tacoma City 2008 Marathon results

3 comments:

*lisa* said...

don't lose your mojo -- you've only been running for a few months and you finished within the top half of guys (and well within the top third overall) in a 10K -- pat yourself on the back!!

Congrats!

Da Doo Run Run said...

That is so incredibly awesome! Agree with Lisa - don't be so hard on yourself. For a new runner, you are kicking ass and taking names.

Can't wait to read the blow-by-blow description!

MomOf4 said...

Awesome!! I think you did fantastic!!