Monday, May 5, 2008

HH5210 mod: 8-1

3 miles in 29:33 (9:51/mi)

My calves and knees felt wonky on my walks with the dogs this weekend, and I've got my first 10K this weekend, so I thought I'd take it easy. Fortunately, the other 3 people who showed for the group run are either recovering from a stomach virus or tapering for the half marathon in Tacoma (same race I'm running the 10K) so we went slow. I didn't really talk, but it was nice to run in a group for some distraction

First mile felt decent. The last two miles felt worse than the 5.5 I ran on Friday. I felt like I was plodding along and just not very efficient. It was nice at about 3/4 of a mile in, when 'I' asked how I was feeling. Her husband came in to give the lecture on shoe fitting, so I expected a critique of some sorts. Turns out she thought I was looking good, and that if we kept this pace I could probably do the loop around the lake with her if I wanted (6.7 miles). 'J' reminded her about the 10K, and we decided it wasn't the best idea, but the compliment felt good. :)

splits:
mile1 - 10:05
mile2 - 9:26 (the group was starting to speed up, I think)
mile3 - 10:01

No comments: