Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Frickin' Busses

3.1 miles in 24:21 (7:51/mile)

I obviously wasn't slow, but my legs felt like lead for a big chunk of the run. I pushed a lot harder than I should have, but I was trying to run out some problems at home and at work, and needed the exertion to burn it out a little.

Toes in my right foot are rubbing the outside of the shoe a little. Probably need to look at lacing techniques, or moleskin, or something...

Found a link to these Adidas ads on another blog. Hysterical. :)

So, I've been taking the bus in to work a couple of days a week. Work subsidises a bus pass, and we could really use that gas money on other stuff. :) Why don't the people who design park-and-rides make parking garages, even if there's unused parking spots? I'm going to have to start parking in neighborhoods near the P-n-R, and that just bugs me. Anyway...

Kaitlyn managed to fall twice at daycare last week, scuffed a knee pretty nicely, and then did a face plant and tore up her nose. Fortunately we didn't have any pictures scheduled. :) Apparently for the nose, she fell, got up and ran off, leaving a trail of blood. Ah, kids. :)

splits:
mile1 - 8:11
mile2 - 7:56
mile3 - 7:33
0.1 - 0:42 (7:00/mile)

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Hilarious ads!!!

Yeah, you should see both of my kids' legs. Covered in bruises, scabs, scratches, you name it. I expect social services to come knocking on my door any moment.

Your times are so incredible. Hard to believe you are a relative newbie.