Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HH5210 mod: 8-2

3 miles in 29:34 (9:51/mile)

Same average pace as Monday, but more 'even' splits (if that means anything). This run felt horrible though. It was 10 degrees cooler than Monday, and I felt heavy, slow, and achy.

Walked to the start point with two guys form the club that were doing the lake. They picked their pace up about 1/10 of the mile into the run and off they went...

I've been trying some experiments with my ASICS again, but I the the residual issues from that are lingering a bit. The calf ache/shin pain with the Sauconys is still there when I;m done as well. The slower runs seem to help though. It's nice tho know this is probably a mild case of shin splints and not a stress fracture. I had all sorts of tweaks and aches and grumbles this run. Including one that's shown up in the last few day... my left butt cheek gets a 'pinched nerve' feeling (deep in the muscle) once in a while.

Grumble, grumble...

I've been pretty aggressive about getting the dogs walked, on run days and off, and that may be contributing. This is the last run before the 10K, so I think I'm going to eat almost full calorie loads for Thurs and Fri, and the dogs are going to have to deal with 1 to 2 mile walks for the next 3 days and maybe nothing at all on Friday.

splits:
mile1 - 9:43
mile2 - 9:40
mile3 - 10:12

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Can't wait to hear your race recap for the 10K this weekend. Good luck!