Friday, April 11, 2008

Not Trying To Be Perfect Anymore

I got tagged by lisa for the 6 word memoir... I think I did this a few weeks ago, but I only used 5 words, and I like this one better. :) I'll skip the last step, because the people I would tag have all ready been tagged. :)


Here's the rules:(1) Write your own six word memoir.(2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.(3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogs-universe.(4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.(5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.


Obviously the title is the memoir. I have to work really hard at not constantly striving for perfection, in my actions and in other things as well. (Technically, this is a symptom/action of codependency). Doing the best you can is one thing, not allowing yourself or others mistakes is another. The running helps actually. Some days are bad, some are good, sometimes you have to adjust the schedule to match reality, etc...


And on a lighter note, and because I want too...

Kaitlyn on the tractor at the Family Farm exibit at the Woodland Park Zoo last weekend:

3 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Good memoir.

K is a CUTIE! Love the red hair!

MomOf4 said...

She is just beautiful! My kiddos love the tractor.

I like your memoir. Have you ever read "The Birth Order Book" by Kevin Leman? There are several discussions about perfectionism as being both a motivator and having the opposite effect. Great book!

HappyBlogChick said...

Oh, good one!

Kaitlyn has a beautiful smile.