Saturday, April 5, 2008

HH5210 mod: 3-3

4 mile run in 40:15 (10:04/mile) with Toby.

Toby did much better this run. Probably because I remembered the same rules apply to him as do to me. No breakfast before the run. :) And he's a dog, so haul some treats along. :) I almost cried in frustration on the last .1 miles though. I try to speed up that last block to make sure I didn't over do the run. I figure if I have anything left, I wasn't pushing too hard. I literally pulled him along for a big chunk of it. Not the most mature thing I could do, I'll do better at being an adult next time. :)

Run felt pretty good, but I noticed some toenail/other toe contact for the first time. I'll pay attention to it. I wonder how to deal with that, but I'll go Google. I also had some chafing on my upper body. In a spot that got no sympathy from my wife given her experiences breastfeeding. :) Possibly time for some BodyGlide.

I was really tired after the run though. I've noticed that for a week or so, and Val seems to think I'm pushing the calorie deficit too far, especially on run days. I'm normally 500 (possibly more) calories under my sedentary maintenance and I'm not replacing run or walk calories either. I'll probably write a whole separate entry about it later.

Ate breakfast and then we took Kaitlyn to the Zoo for the first time. What fun. And more calories burned. :) I'll have to post some pics later, but we had a lot of fun. She really liked the Raptors interestingly enough.

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Poor Toby.

Awesome running 4 miles! Yes, I noticed the chafing after my run, too. Not pleasant.

I am no nutritionist, but it makes comon sense that you might want to eat a bit more on run days. You need the fuel.

MomOf4 said...

Great job on your 4 mile run! Wow! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Sunday's run was better - flat surface! Glad you got to go to the zoo. My kids love that too!