Monday, April 14, 2008

HH5210 mod: 4-3

4.18 miles in 39:29 (9:29/mile). And since I didn't do it last week (apparently because I have this 'blog entries are write once' attitude)... Holy Crap, I ran 4 miles! :)

This was supposed to be a 4 mile run. Before I get into the details of that, however, go congratulate MomOf3 on her first 5K!
After a long , but fun weekend, I managed to get out at 7:40 on Sunday, while it was still light out. A second 4 miler was on the schedule, and I went ahead and took Toby, since he needed to work out some kinks too.

Turns out that my turnaround point on the map doesn't actually have a street sign (and now that I go back and look at Google maps, I see that it really is the county access road I thought it might be) This means I went an extra block. The only reason I noticed, is that I finally figured out how to work splits on my watch, and when I got back the splits looked odd:
mile1 - 9:48
mile2 - 10:23 (adjusted pace 9:31)(uphill for 1/2)
mile3 - 10:05 (adjusted pace 9:15)(downhill for 1/2)
mile4 - 9:22
So I remapped it. Turns out the messed up turnaround added 0.09 of a mile to the middle two legs. (mile two also includes the only hill currently in my workout runs) . Toby did not like the hill, nor has he changed his opinion about the speedup for the last 0.2 miles. :) I almost tossed what was left of my dinner after finishing though. That last mile was really tough.

We went to visit Grandma this weekend, 4:30 down to Long Beach, WA, and then a gorgeous day on the beach 73, slight breeze, wow. I'm kicking myself for not running, but I was tapped. Hung out with my mom till around 1 on Sunday and then drove back. took about 3:30. We cut an hour because Kaitlyn slept. She was VERY done with the whole car thing by the time we got home.

Some Kaitlyn pics:


Mom trying to turn her around... :)



















Happy, with a lid full of Cheerios.

3 comments:

MomOf4 said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the mention in your blog!! Again, your little girl is just beautiful! I am very impressed with your speed. That is what I am going to be working on next. 6mph here I come! :)

Da Doo Run Run said...

Great job on running 4 miles! That is such an accomplishment! You are going to leave me in the dust soon!

I know what you mean about toddlers on car trips. Not fun. Thank goodness for portable DVD players, that's all I have to say.

HappyBlogChick said...

4 MILES! Go you! Way to show us how it's done!