Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HH5210 mod: 5-2

3 miles in 27:56 (9:18/mile)

A solo run for a change. My boss is down with the crud, so he didn't go. It was nice. I just ran. Probably a bit harder than I should (I really need to get a heart rate monitor) but it felt good, and the increased mileage on the weekend sis probably helping because I felt like I could keep going when I finished.

I may have to switch to shorts, the pants were a bit warm, and I think I got some sun. Guess I need to add sunscreen to the gear bag. Had to spend 10 minutes washing shampoo out of my shower kit after the run though. Apparently the lid to the shampoo hadn't closed on Monday.... grrr...

splits:
mile1 - 9:34
mile2 - 9:08
mile3 - 9:14

6 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

You're better than me. On days that I run when Jake is in preschool, I end up picking him up all nice and funky. Feel bad for anyone who gets downwind from me!! Great times by the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fast! How are you timing these splits? GPS?

Aaron Cunningham said...

Dani: It's nice working some place with a locker room and showers. :) Hey at least this way they know you're exercising.

runrun1: I'm just using my Timex Sleek 50 watch. I map all of my runs before hand using gmap-pedometer.com, so I note where my mile split locations are and just try to get close. Especially my Monday and Wednesday runs, which have been the same for 2 months now. I want a GPS, but that's not going to fly anythime soon.

MomOf4 said...

Bummer about the shampoo attack. Good job on your run!! I finally got the pictures up on my blog. :)

HappyBlogChick said...

Look at you, speedy!

I have a heart rate monitor and still haven't used it for anything but timing. Not the smartest approach, really!

I love watching your progress.

Greg On the Run said...

Great runs. Get the heart rate monitor. I rarely need it to push myself but I do use it when I need to put forth less of an effort.