Friday, February 1, 2008

Monthly Weigh In

Had Val do my monthly weigh in this morning. And since I didn't post any starting stats, here they are as well. Motivating, and will keep me working on this fitness thing I think. :)

01 Jan 01 Feb
Neck 16.25 16.25
Waist 44.75 43.25
Bodyfat% 33.5 31.5
Weight 208 200

(start weight may have been closer to 206, but still.. :))

The goals for this month are to pay more attention to macronutrients, not just caloric intake, and get those more in sync. Fat tends to be high, and protein tends to be low, so I need to start playing with things to get things more in sync. Also figure out how to spread my meals a bit better so I'm not as hungry (and thus wanting to snack.)

More consistent and better stretching before and after runs, and on non run days.

Also, to start doing something for upper body and core. I think at this point it's just going to be push-up/sit-up pyramids (1 pu, 1su, 2 pu, 2su, etc ; up to 10 then back down )

You know, this healthy lifestyle thing sure takes the fun out of junk food! :) I splurged and had a Chocolate Bar (donut type) this evening (after I walked the 1.7 miles round trip to get it). Holy fricking jeebus...510 calories?!?! A freaking Snickers bar is better for me than that!!!

On a non running/fitness note. This day pretty much sucked. Val woke me up at about 5:45 asking, "Did Toby fart or did he have an accident?" After a few minutes we were both like "Welp, it hasn't gone away, we'd better find it and deal with him..." So we wander around the house trying not to wake up Kaitlyn, and I find the pool of waste left by a 110 pound dog with explosive diarrhea. With my foot.

And just to make the day even better. My dad who lost his wife a few months ago and has crawled back into a bottle, and has been having issues all week. Called and decided he needed help. After a few hours of stressful phone calls, coordinating with care facilities, my step-brother and a drunk dad,my step brother gets to his place to help him out and he's just sober enough to start thinking he doesn't need help any more.

I think we've got him going to detox tomorrow, and them maybe rehab a week later. We'll see if he does it, or if I have to beat him about the head and shoulders to get him to go in the morning. Better that than the intervention option I suppose. Holy crap those are expensive, as well as potentially problematic for the family if the don't work.

I'm trying to rant without boring you with all the details. Thanks. :)

I really needed to run tonight, but I'm not deviating from the plan, I went for the walk instead. Yay me, I guess...

No comments: