Sunday, February 24, 2008

Demon Red Robin

I'm never eating Red Robin again... Apparently this healthy eating thing has started to kick in for my body, and it reacts violently to being abused.

I've been doing my best for the last 2 months or so to watch what I eat. Most of my meals don't exceed 700 calories (most are closer to 550) and I have good balance of macronutrients.

My father-in-law was in town on Friday and we all decided to get takeout. I had a craving and went with a Red Robin Royal burger. One of my all time favorite heart attacks on a plate. I purposely didn't look up nutrition information because I really didn't want to know, and honestly I didn't think it could be much worse than a Whopper with Cheese, can it?

So, we get our food, come home and chow down. About an hour after we eat (burger, plus about 3/4 of a side of steak fries), I'm really uncomfortable. Bloated, and nauseous. It's pretty obvious it was the burger, so I go upstairs and check the nutrition.

1200 CALORIES!!! 82 grams of fat. And that's just for the burger. The fries were 390 calories and another 17 grams of fat. Holy fucking crap! Thank god we forgot the chocolate shakes... (I didn't even look them up, it's just too depressing.)

Admittedly, the stress from dealing with my dad could explain most of the rest of the weekend. A nap each day, overall feelings of exhaustion., etc. It doesn't explain the constant feeling of nausea on Saturday, and the chronic diarrhea all weekend. I think 100 grams of fat in 20 minutes does that.

Sorry for the rant at my stupidity. I really just needed to kick myself in public for this one, so I can stay on track, and realize it's not a treat if your body rejects it. :)

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

I blew it out of the water with my eating this weekend, too. Sorry it made you sick. Good for you for getting through the run, though!!