Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Couch To 5K: 7-1

Good run with Toby. I think I accidentally managed to run closer to 29 minutes than the 25 allotted, thanks to some operator error with my iPod. Could have kept running so I think that's a good sign.

Last run and this run my lower legs really had problems down shifting to the walk, they kept wanting to run (it's the only way I can describe it) they kind of snapped forward when I was walking.. .

My knee pain fears were all for naught. Some normal twinges, etc... but the ghostly patello-femoral pain I thought I was having disappeared, and turned out to be nothing.

I read an interesting post about fitness somewhere and they were talking about wanting to lift weights because running didn't tone... I was like huh, then what's making the difference in my body? :) I haven't lost that much weight or run that far but I can already see and feel differences. I have dimples on the insides of my knees again when I sit. I can see definition around my knees. I can feel the muscles in my back working when I walk and move. I guess there are advantages to having dropped the ball on push ups and sit ups this month, I know that all of the changes I feel are from running. It's certainly motivating.

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Thanks for the musical suggestions for aggressive running music! I'll definitely check them out.